Today, Lionsgate announced that they have crossed the $1 billion dollar mark both domestically and internationally. They have become the first non traditional studio ( Disney, Warner Brothers, ect..) to cross the $1 billion dollar mark domestically for the second year in a row. The two biggest players for Lionsgate this year were The Hunger Games: Catching Fire ( $372 million domestically and $393. internationally) and Now You See Me ($118 million domestically and $236 million internationally). They also had their biggest year in China to date releasing six films grossing $116.3 million dollars and capturing 8% of the foreign market share.
- Weekend Box Office Preview: ‘Frozen’ & ‘Catching Fire’ Will Fall to ‘Smaug’ (fool.com)
- ‘Hobbit’ box office leader with $73.6M (kansascity.com)
- ‘Hobbit’ cools ‘Frozen,’ takes top box office spot (kansascity.com)
- Box Office: ‘Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ Lights Up Theaters With $161 Million Domestic (variety.com)
- ‘Hobbit’ cools ‘Frozen,’ takes top box office spot (arkansasonline.com)
- ‘Hobbit’ box office elite with $73.7M (thenewstribune.com)