Today marks the start of the four day extravaganza known as San Diego Comic Con 204 or as I will refer to it as SDCC14. This has become and event where movie studios drop big news, most notably and recently WB/DC announcing Batman vs Superman at last year’s comic con. So what are we to expect this year? Here are my top 5 bold predictions and things to be on the look out for at SDCC 14
5. Look for Marvel to triumph over DC– undoubtably the winner between to two major comic book companies last year was DC with the long anticipated match up of the two most popular superheroes to date. Look for Marvel to steal the thunder this year with a blockbuster announcement of their own. Marvel already has a handful of dates for 2017-2019, and I wouldn’t be surprised if one of those dates is the long awaited Black Panther and Dr. Strange movies.
4. The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies trailer – The movie comes out in less than six months, so it would only make sense to debut the trailer at this event. WB has already released an awesome poster for the movie in preparation of comic con. Also those lucky enough to attend SDCC might be treated to more than just the trailer, since Director Peter Jackson will be on hand at the event
3. DC/ Warner Bros Justice League universe announcement- There has been a rumored list of potential movies with release dates that has been circulating around the internet for the past few months. Don’t be surprised if that list is partially correct- all I’m allowed to say
2. Avengers: Age of Ultron teaser– perfect time and place to get people hyped up for next summers big blockbuster Avengers: Age of Ultron. Don’t expect much, but enough to satisfy your curiosity.
1. The next installation in the Halloween franchise– To me, this is probably the biggest and boldest prediction I’ve made thus far on San Diego Comic Con 2014. The official Halloween movies website had put up a new spot for the next edition in the series and on social media, they have been touting Michael Myers’s appearance at the event which leads to me believing that they will drop the news and detail (it’s a 3D movie) at this weekend’s convention. However, it could be news and update on the box set that is coming out this fall, but I have a strong feeling in my gut it’s the long awaited announcement of a new movie
What do you guys think we will see this year? Let me know!